As a drag performer, booking gigs is essential to your success. However, it can be difficult to know where to start. That’s why we’re here to help! In this blog post, we’ll give you monthly tips for booking gigs as a drag performer.
Alright, darling, let’s get down to the nitty-gritty of drag showbiz. You’re fabulous, you’re fierce, and you’re ready to take the stage by storm. But, honey, you’ve got to get those gigs first! So, let’s spill the tea on how to get more gigs as a drag performer.
First things first, darling, you’ve got to make your social media profiles pop!
We’re talking high-quality profile pictures that scream “star of the show” and bios that tell your story. Don’t forget to list all your performance credits and any other juicy details that make you unique. Are you a drag king or queen? Let the world know!
Next, it’s time to rub elbows with the who’s who of the drag world.
Get yourself to local drag shows, meet other performers, promoters, and make those connections. And, darling, don’t be shy about offering to help promote upcoming shows. You scratch their back, they might just give you a spot on the bill.
Now, here’s where you really strut your stuff.
Start submitting show proposals to venues and promoters. Give them a taste of who you are, what you do, and why they absolutely must book you. And don’t forget to include links to your fabulous social media profiles.
But wait, there’s more!
You’ve got to let the world know you’re ready to take the stage. Make a post on social media announcing that you’re looking for bookings. Include all your contact information, and don’t forget to link to your website and social media profiles. You’ll be surprised at how many opportunities come knocking once you put yourself out there.
Now, let’s talk money, honey.
Setting a price for your performances can be tricky. Do some research, see what other drag performers are charging in your area. But remember, darling, you’re unique. Adjust your price depending on the type of show, the size of the venue, and other factors. But most importantly, charge a price that reflects your worth. You’re fabulous, you’re fierce, and you deserve to be paid accordingly!
Follow these tips, and you’ll be on your way to filling up your calendar with shows!
- Start by optimizing your social media profiles. Make sure your profile pictures are high quality, and that your bios are up to date and informative. Make sure to list all of your performance credits, as well as any other relevant information (such as whether you do drag King or Queen).
- Next, start networking with other drag performers and promoters. Attend local drag shows, meet new people, and make connections. If you can, offer to help promote upcoming shows in exchange for a spot on the bill.
- Finally, start submitting show proposals to venues and promoters. Send them a brief pitch explaining who you are, what you do, and why you should be booked. Make sure to include links to your social media profiles-Create a daily content posting schedule
- Start networking with show producers by attending local drag shows. Talk to other performers and promoters, and see if you can help promote their shows in exchange for a spot on the bill.
- If you’re looking to book gigs as a drag performer, it’s important to let the world know! Make a post on social media announcing that you’re looking for bookings, and be sure to include all of your contact information (including your website and social media profiles). You may be surprised at how many opportunities come your way once you start actively seeking them out!
- When it comes to setting a price for your drag performances, there’s no one-size-fits-all answer. It may help to do some research and see what other drag performers are charging in your area. Keep in mind that you may want to adjust your price depending on the type of show, the size of the venue, and other factors.
Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide what you’re worth. So be sure to charge a price that accurately reflects the quality of your work and the level of excitement you bring to your shows!
So there you have it, darling. Follow these tips, and you’ll be booking gigs left and right. Now, go out there and shine!