As a drag performer, booking gigs is essential to your success. However, it can be difficult to know where to start. That’s why we’re here to help! In this blog post, we’ll give you monthly tips for booking gigs as a drag performer.
Follow these tips, and you’ll be on your way to filling up your calendar with shows!
- Start by optimizing your social media profiles. Make sure your profile pictures are high quality, and that your bios are up to date and informative. Make sure to list all of your performance credits, as well as any other relevant information (such as whether you do drag King or Queen).
- Next, start networking with other drag performers and promoters. Attend local drag shows, meet new people, and make connections. If you can, offer to help promote upcoming shows in exchange for a spot on the bill.
- Finally, start submitting show proposals to venues and promoters. Send them a brief pitch explaining who you are, what you do, and why you should be booked. Make sure to include links to your social media profiles-Create a daily content posting schedule
- Start networking with show producers by attending local drag shows. Talk to other performers and promoters, and see if you can help promote their shows in exchange for a spot on the bill.
- If you’re looking to book gigs as a drag performer, it’s important to let the world know! Make a post on social media announcing that you’re looking for bookings, and be sure to include all of your contact information (including your website and social media profiles). You may be surprised at how many opportunities come your way once you start actively seeking them out!
- When it comes to setting a price for your drag performances, there’s no one-size-fits-all answer. It may help to do some research and see what other drag performers are charging in your area. Keep in mind that you may want to adjust your price depending on the type of show, the size of the venue, and other factors.
Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide what you’re worth. So be sure to charge a price that accurately reflects the quality of your work and the level of excitement you bring to your shows!