A – C
- All Tea, No Shade: Truthful, without malice.
- Beat: To apply makeup flawlessly.
- Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, and Talent: Qualities RuPaul looks for in a drag superstar.
- Condragulations: Congratulations in drag speak.
- Cooking: Letting powder sit on the face to set the foundation.
- C.U.N.T.: An acronym for Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, and Talent.
D – F
- Death Drop: A dramatic dance move involving a high kick and a drop to the ground.
- Drag Mother: An experienced drag queen who acts as a mentor.
- Eleganza Extravaganza: A term used to describe over-the-top elegance.
- Fishy: A term used to describe a drag queen who looks extremely feminine.
- Gag: To be shocked or amazed.
- Henny: Honey, term of endearment.
- Kiki: A social gathering, usually for casual gossip.
- Lip Sync for Your Life: A performance to determine who stays in a drag competition.
- Mug: Face or makeup.
- No Tea, No Shade: No offense.
- Padding: Using foam or other materials to enhance body shape.
- Read: To humorously point out someone’s flaws.
- Realness: Authenticity; convincingly passing as a certain gender or social role.
- Sashay Away: To leave the stage, often used in elimination.
- Shantay You Stay: The phrase used to indicate a queen remains in the competition.
- Sickening: So fabulous it makes you sick; extremely good.
- Spilling the Tea: Sharing the gossip or the truth.
- Tuck: The act of concealing one’s male genitalia.
- Werk: To do something to the fullest; with flair.
G – I
- Gagging: Overwhelmed or speechless because of something fabulous.
- Glamazon: A glamorous, statuesque drag queen.
- Haus: A group or collective of drag performers.
- Iconic: Something that is legendary or highly memorable.
- Illusion: The art of a drag queen’s transformation.
J – L
- Jush: Your style or essence.
- KiKi: A party or gathering, often for gossiping.
- Library is Open: A phrase indicating that it’s time to start reading (humorously criticizing) each other.
- Lipsync Assassin: A queen known for their exceptional lip-syncing skills.
M – O
- Mopping: Slang for stealing.
- Nubia: The collective of queens of color, celebrating their culture and contributions to drag.
- Opulence: Wealth, affluence, abundance.
- Owning It: Fully embracing oneself or the moment.
P – R
- Pageant Queen: A drag queen who competes in pageants.
- Paint: To apply makeup.
- Purse First: Entering a room handbag first, a phrase popularized by Bob the Drag Queen.
- Reading: The act of humorously pointing out a person’s flaws.
- Realness: The ability to authentically embody a certain demographic or identity.
- Rupaulogize: To apologize, as in RuPaul’s Drag Race.
S – U
- Serving: Presenting a look or attitude.
- Shade: Subtle insult.
- Slay: To do something exceptionally well.
- Snatch Game: A parody of the Match Game where contestants impersonate celebrities.
- Tea: Truth, gossip.
- Trade: A masculine, attractive man, typically straight-acting.
- Untucked: Behind-the-scenes Drag Race show; also refers to relaxing or letting one’s guard down.
V – Z
- Vanity: A drag queen’s personal makeup area.
- Voguing: A highly stylized modern dance characterized by photo model-like poses, inspired by Vogue magazine.
- Yas Queen: An exclamation of support or excitement.
- Zhoosh: To adjust or fluff up, to add a bit of flair.