Hey, fabulous queens! Get ready to sparkle, sashay, and celebrate because Pride month is just around the corner! As drag performers, we’re not just part of the party, we’re the life of it! But darling, between the parades, parties, and performances, Pride can be as exhausting as it is exhilarating. That’s why we’ve put together this ultimate survival guide to help you navigate through the glitter and glam of Pride month. So, tighten your corsets, fluff up your wigs, and let’s dive in!
1. Plan Your Outfits in Advance: Pride month is a marathon, not a sprint, darling! You’ll likely have multiple gigs and appearances, so plan your outfits ahead of time. Make sure you have a variety of looks that cater to different events – from daytime parades to nighttime galas. And remember, Pride is all about expressing yourself, so don’t be afraid to go all out!
2. Stay Hydrated and Nourished: With all the excitement and running around, it’s easy to forget about basic needs like eating and drinking. Make sure to stay hydrated, especially if you’re performing outdoors in the summer heat. Pack some healthy snacks to keep your energy levels up.
3. Take Care of Your Feet: Those fabulous heels can take a toll on your feet, especially after a long day of strutting your stuff. Invest in some comfortable shoes for when you’re not on stage, and consider gel inserts for your performance heels. Your feet will thank you!
4. Practice Self-Care: Pride month can be physically and emotionally draining. Make sure to take some time for yourself amidst all the hustle and bustle. This could be anything from a relaxing bath, a good night’s sleep, or even a quiet moment of meditation.
5. Network, Network, Network: Pride events are a fantastic opportunity to meet other performers, promoters, and potential fans. Don’t be shy about introducing yourself and handing out your business cards. You never know where your next big opportunity might come from!
6. Be Prepared for Anything: Pride events can be unpredictable, so it’s always good to be prepared. Pack a drag emergency kit with essentials like extra makeup, safety pins, duct tape, and a sewing kit.
7. Show Your Pride: Pride is all about celebrating who you are and the LGBTQ+ community. Make sure to take some time to soak in the love and positivity around you. Remember, you’re not just a performer, you’re a symbol of Pride!
8. Have Fun! Above all, remember to have fun! Pride is a celebration, so make sure to enjoy every moment. Whether you’re on stage or off, let your true colors shine and sashay your way through Pride like the queen you are!
And there you have it, my fabulous friends – your ultimate survival guide to sashaying your way through Pride month. Remember, Pride is all about celebrating who we are and the vibrant community we’re part of. So, while you’re out there dazzling the crowd, don’t forget to take a moment to soak in the love, joy, and, of course, the Pride. After all, you’re not just a performer, you’re a beacon of fabulousness and a symbol of Pride. Now, go out there and show them what you’ve got, queen!